Wednesday, February 27, 2013

keep positive

My mantra until next Friday.
I'm getting super alkjlajdbsjweiwueaijsd feeling over the homework and exams coming up over the next week.  I'm considering asking one professor for an extension on a paper simply because I'd like to actually be able to put thought into it. 
But, after next Friday, it's Spring Break.  And I'm doing only good stuff.  I want to spend time on some DIY projects, catching up on reading, finally paint my nails...that sounds cheesy, but really!  Sometimes you just need to do your nails and life is a little bit better.  When my nails are a mess, you know my life is a mess.
 
 
 
These pictures are really shitty, but I don't feel like hauling out my camera at the moment. 
Today Dylan and I went to the Antique Mall and a chocolate shop for a little date day.  We're working on moving out really soon, we figured we'd look for some thrifty antique things for an apartment.  I found this hand-painted canister for $5, and I think it'd be really cute to hold tea bags.  My picture of the full side just would not upload, sorry!  They have a lot of really nice hats but I didn't feel like dropping between $20-$50 on a hat I'd probably be nervous to wear.  Maybe another day.  I'm pretty pumped about having tried ice cream at this chocolate shop because it's way cheaper than at most places, well and super tasty.  You even have the option to get a shot of hot fudge at the bottom of a cone...yeah, definitely trying that sometime.  I got a hot fudge sundae with moose tracks ice cream and Dylan got a maple walnut small cone for $1.95 each; not a bad price at all! 
The (technically-speaking) second Valentine's Day that we were dating we went to see The Wolfman and planned to get Cold Stone Creamery and walked from the theatre to the shop, only to discover it had closed like half an hour before we got there.  It was so cold out, but that's one of those things that you just don't forget! 
 
I don't think I'll be posting too many new things over the next week, for the school reasons as stated before.  My brain is still just pretty hyped up at the moment from the essay I'm working on.  It's a post-modern reading of the femininity in "The Narrative of the Life of Henry Bibb" by Henry Bibb, "Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl" by Harriet Jacobs, and "Louisa Picquet, the Octoroon" by Hiram Mattison.  I like it, but essays get very tiring! 
 
Em.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment